- Bahwan Healthcare Centre
Brief Overview of Oman's Healthcare Sector.
- With an area of 312,000 square km and a population of 4.2mn Oman is located in the WHO eastern mediterranean region.
- Healthcare in Oman is provided free of charge to the 3mn Omani citizens.
- The accumulated bed capacity in hospitals is 6,178 with 78% under the Ministry of Health.
- Oman has 19 doctors per 10,000 population while the global average is 14 doctors.
- Global corporates are making substantial investments in Oman's thriving healthcare facilities and allied services industry.
- The average life expectancy is 76 years with 78% of the population living in urban areas.
- The Sultanate has 226 health centers, complexes and local hospitals.
- Total expenditure of the Oman healthcare sector is approximately 5% of the total public expenditure while the global average is 13%.
- The ‘International Medical City' in Salalah will position the Sultanate as a world-class medical tourism destination.
- Oman's healthcare market is projected to grow to USD 2 billion by 2015.